My Own Wasteland Survival Guide: Part ?, Beastiary

My Own Wasteland Survival Guide: Part ?, Beastiary

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:00 am

Hey Everyone, Smile

I'm writing up my own Fallout 3 Wasteland Survival Guide. Don't have a name for it yet. But I thought I'd write up a nice guide or something. Despite there being a few out there already, doesn't bother me much. So first thing I'm doing is writing the beastiary. I don't have access to the GECK unfortunately, so I'm kinda missing out on some really important info. If any of you can help me that, I'll be much obliged, and of course give you honorary mentions. Also please make input on anything I should add to any section, as it'd be very very helpful. Smile

On any creature I need, I basically need their health, and their stats. So if you can provide me with that, I'll make sure you get honorary mentions. And if enough people from here help me out, I'll make sure the whole site is definitely noticed. Smile Everything beyond the dotted lines is part of the beastiary.

Right now, it's only the mighty Deathclaw I got right now, but I'll keep em coming.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Deathclaw
    Health: ???
    Stats: ???
    Component: Deathclaw Hand
    Recommended Stance: Ranged, Long Range
    Recommended Weaponry: Dart Gun, Alien Blaster, Firelance, Fat Man, Missile Launcher
    Weakness: Legs

[Picture Pending]

Description: A Deathclaw is a large, hulking creature with very strong claws, and have the ability to kill characters with one or a few strikes. The Deathclaw is one of the most fiercest creatures in the game, if not, the fiercest. It's very difficult to survive a Deathclaw attack, even on Very Easy mode, and even with excellent equipment. The good thing is is that Deathclaws are rarely encountered at low levels. And if you're the lucky hunter who has killed one, then you may retrieve one of it's hands for use in the construction of The Deathclaw Gauntlet, one of the most powerful unarmed weapons in Fallout 3.

Tactics: The easiest way weaken a Deathclaw is to go for the legs. With that in mind, the Dart Gun is probably most useful against Deathclaws, due to the Dart Gun's ability to cripple just about any creature or NPC's legs instantly. Once the legs are crippled, a Deathclaw's speed is severely reduced, and it loses it's ability to pounce, making it very easy prey with a ranged weapon, providing you stay out of range of it's terrible claws. Firelance and the Alien Blaster work wonders on Deathclaws, able to take them out in one, two or three shots usually. If you are not in possession of those weapons, then heavy weaponry works from long distances (especially the Fat Man) while rapid firing weaponry works if they get close to you. BE VERY CAUTIOUS about Deathclaws approaching fast. Pistols have hardly any affect, and if they are getting close, the best tactic is to try and get out of there if possible. Raiders serve as excellent decoys if nearby. Since the Deathclaw is a very high priority target, you may be able to escape while the Deathclaw is slaughtering any NPC targets, or at least...buy you some time.

Last edited by †Michael Valentine† on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total

ClayMan

Skill points : 15

Re: My Own Wasteland Survival Guide: Part ?, Beastiary

Post by ClayMan on Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:08 am

Sounds Awesome...I would like to help in anyway I can Very Happy

Salt

Skill points : 54

Post by Salt on Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:28 am

I would love to help Very Happy

OblivionModda
    Admin

Skill points : 964

Post by OblivionModda on Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:39 am

Sounds great Smile I can take the pictures and help...only thing is that Most creatures in Fallout 3 don't have a fixed health because they are leveled creatures Sad but the stats I can do Very Happy

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:15 am

Wheeeeeee!!! cheers We're in business then.

I figured health was leveled, but I had to be sure. Oh well. But yeah, some own taken screens would be grand. Very Happy I'm hoping to get some pretty eye-catching picks for the little guide here.

For the Deathclaw screen, if you don't mind helping. I'm pretty sure a really nice eye-catching screen would be a close-up of a Deathclaw tearing some poor Wastelander to shreds. Without a mini-mod, that might be pretty interesting to obtain. But major kudos if you can.

I will be adding more creatures into it tomorrow.

And remember, if you spot anything in the current stuff that should be corrected, please let me know. Smile And if there is anything that should be added, say the word. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:19 pm

Current date/time is Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:19 pm