Helpfull Scripts

OblivionModda
    Admin

Skill points : 964

Helpfull Scripts

Post by OblivionModda on Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:33 am

geek if you have a script that you think needs to be here then by all means...post it. 8-)

Script to Automatically add items or spells to player when Mod is first loaded.

Steps

1. Create a new quest:
    Click on the Q button, right-click in the list and add a new quest.
    Name it BGSModdersQ1.
    Make sure StartGameEnabled is checked, which it should be.
    Close the window.

2. Create a new script:
    Click on the pencil button, and select New from the Script menu.
    Copy/type this code in the editor.

Scriptname BGSModdersScript
    Begin GameMode
    Player.AddItem EditorID, 1
    Player.AddSpell EditorID
    ; repeat above as needed
    StopQuest BGSModdersQ1
    End

Editor ID for the spell or item is listed in the Object Window...the number 1 is the amount of items that will be added (if this is not set then you will be constantly given the declared item), and BGSModdersScript is the name of your Script.

Select Quest in the Script Type drop down menu in the title bar of that window, and click the save button.
    Close that window.

3. Select that script for the quest:
    Click on the Q button again and select your quest (BGSModdersQ1).
    In the Script drop down, choose your script (BGSModdersScript).
    Close the window and save the mod.

Next time you play, the item(s)/spell(s) will be added automatically!

Admin

Skill points : 229
    Location : I am, where you are and where you are not. Scared Yet?

Re: Helpfull Scripts

Post by 2cool4cereal2 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:42 am

Ummm, I'm not quite sure if this belongs here, but I had a question about some linked Refs and etc. in Fallout 3.

I'm trying to make a terminal to activate a robot, then the robot activates the pod to open, then the robot walks to the specified place. I've gotten it to work in Tennpenny tower by copying that exact setup from SuperDuper Mart, but when I move it to my custom cell it doesn't work... The robot 'starts up' and the pod opens, but the robot's voice doesn't play like it's supposed to, and the robot doesn't walk. If you need more information with what Items i was using and how I linked the Refs, feel free to ask.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance!
    Very Happy

Admin

Post by 2cool4cereal2 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:36 am

Ok..... I COMPLETELY FAIL as a Fallout 3 modder. I would just edit my previous post, but I'm angry... I solved my last problem (at least enough for now.) and now I have a HUGE problem I have no idea how to fix. On Oblivion, I have found out that it is rather easy to make someone able to sell goods, while on Fallout 3 I have not a clue how to make dialog for selling stuff, and how to make vendors actually able to sell.... I'm not ANY good with dialog, and I don't really want to master it, but it would be good to get some help on how to make vendors sell things.

Skill points : 729

Post by Monkeyuncle8 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:34 am

ok for the robot check out the ai, but if that is all correct then there should be a script that is like update ai or something (under the help button is a link to all the scripts) You need to be more specific about the dialouge in order for me to diagnose it

now for selling think go under the dialouge menu and check the dialogues conditions for it and make sure your person meets those conditions

hope that helps, BTW I just started my college classes like 2 weeks ago so I may not be on as much

people are the embodyment of change, change and permenancy I am not differen't except in the ways that I am

If I had a quarter every time I said if I had a nickle I would have five times the amout of theoretical money
    2cool4cereal2
    Admin

Post by 2cool4cereal2 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:41 am

Ummm, thanks for the help. (I've kinda given up on Fallout 3 for now.)

It seems that NO ONE ever gets on anymore. It's a bummer. Well, I'll get on everyday and check the posts. Good luck to everyone who are still creating mods.

Post by Monkeyuncle8 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:44 am

I am trying to start a small mod and I just finished one, but its not that great

if you wanna see it it is called Lake Arrius Inn

people are the embodyment of change, change and permenancy I am not differen't except in the ways that I am

If I had a quarter every time I said if I had a nickle I would have five times the amout of theoretical money
    2cool4cereal2
    Admin

Post by 2cool4cereal2 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:03 am

Ooooh, ok, I'm assuming it's for Fallout 3? Oh, and I also finished a small mod, I'll upload it after triple checking it for errors.

Post by Monkeyuncle8 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:08 am

no its for oblivion, but I am working on a mod that is a cross between oblivion and Fallout 3 by making a simulator and having the player play in an oblivion like environment, I even put the cd for oblivion in the Bethesda offices of fallout

I think this may just be a pipedream though

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:47 pm